Friday, April 30, 2010

Shhh... It's 'The Secret'

As you may or may not be aware, we have a mini seminar coming up on 'The Power of Positive Thinking'. It will be hosted by K. B. Nyantekyi Owusu, and will draw on ideas from Rhonda Byrne's book, The Secret. As always, I will update you on how it goes, but before then I thought I'd give you a (very) brief run down on the book.

It was written at a time when Rhonda Byrne was going through a difficult personal struggle. She was reading The Science of Getting Rich when she first caught a glimpse of 'the secret'. Two years and plenty of research later, The Secret was published in November 2006. Of course, I can't tell you what 'the secret' is (it's a secret, duh!) but according to Rhonda Byrne, it has been used (and even abused) for centuries. Allegedly, knowing the secret and applying it properly can change your life.


If you have followed this blog for a while, you might have noticed that this review is a little more subdued than the rest. This is because I am not sure that this book sits well with me as a Christian. I have not read it myself but judging from what I've read to write this review, I feel that it should be approached with caution.

***

Information for mentors: This mini seminar is for mentees, but you're more than welcome to come along. Aside from providing you with useful information, it will give you an opportunity to meet up with your mentees and discuss the Leadership & Change cheat sheet with them. The deadline for the appraisal form is on the 17th of May, so it might be a good idea to use this day to start working on that also. Remember, there must be at least two mentors present at any given time when meeting mentees, so please work this out among yourselves.

No comments: