Thursday, July 19, 2012

A True Leader



A true leader is one who takes personal responsibility and ownership...

This boy in the next table at the restaurant was super active. He was all over the place and would just not listen to his parents who tried to discipline him.

Standing on the long sofa that connected both the tables he was making a kite out of the napkins and throwing the spoon and knife down. Finally what I feared, happened... juice glass in hand while jumping... he lost balance and spilled it over my trousers.

The father said, "Rohan, that's not done. I have been warning you. Say sorry to the uncle... say sorry."

The boy muttered something I could not hear.

The mother said, "I think more than Rohan, we should say sorry. I am really sorry for what happened."

On our way back...

"You saw how the father was insisting on that brat to say sorry," I said.

My wife said, "I am actually thinking of 'the mother who took responsibility' for what he did, and said sorry to us. I realized she felt the embarrassment over the short comings of her son and took personal ownership tendering an apology."

Besides the mother to mother connectivity, one could see and sense the real leader in the family. (http://www.inspired-personal-development.com/a-true-leader.html)

No comments: